the power to create has been granted. and i intend to abuse it
realizing i shouldve sold my turnips yesterday :(
there's a small chance the prices will go up again but it looks v unlikely tbh
yes i should use this blog for actually posting about games now
i know i havent been as active on this sideblog as i'd like to be but i havent been doing too much in the way of gaming...
i finished the story of dqb2 and now im just trying to figure out what i want my post-game town to look like
i gave up on splat2n
i dont have pkmn swsh yet and idk if school stuff is going to complicate the money i was saving for that
probably be getting acnh a month late (for my birthday) but thats most likely to be the game that is blogging-worthy so you can count on content picking up then
ive decided octo expansion isnt worth another 20$
so im gonna finish up the singleplayer campaign and return splatoon2 or resell it if i dont get at least half my money back
then i can get dqxi and possibly pkmn and then save the rest for animal crossing when it comes out
i guess that leaves dqb2 as my only game that uses online for now, but that was still worth it bc acnh ill be playing online a lot probably ^^
just played the demo of dragon quest XI
it was a lot longer than i i expected, took me 9 hours over the course of 2 days to get to the end of it
square enix is v good at long demos that actually get you enough of the game to be interested, most demos i play are too short and dont get me invested enough
im not really a big turn-based rpg fan, i delt with it in pokemon bc i love them, but it looks like i might enjoy the plot enough here to muster through it (i rly hate that the penalty for dying is losing half your money tho like,, i need that to get better stuff to not die next time)
ive never played a party rpg before either, so figuring out what mix of trying to play and letting the ai battle for me is gonna take a while
i def think i want to try playing this game completely blind, so im not gonna look up any fanart or anything till i finish it
i could return splatoon to help afford it, but i still want to play octo expansion (bc tbh turf wars just arent that fun for me anymore, but i still love the aesthetic and the lore hh) but then if i spend 20$ on the dlc would it even be worth it to return the game??
the blind thing is gonna be weird for me bc its been a while since ive truly played a game blind? zelda always has lore stuff that makes it easy to guess the outcomes and with dqb2 i watched a playthrough of the 1st game and some non-plot related vids but i still got enough spoilers to figure out what was going on with malroth
...tho ig it wouldve been just as obvious to any previous dq fans since it was supposed to be a sequel to dq2??
imma be real with yall
the splatoon 2 experience hasnt been the best so far
ive mainly been stuck in turf wars where everyone else is over level 30 (sometimes even all over level 60) and completely stratted out their gear and i just got the game yesterday and am trying my best
its a little disheartening tbh
i think the only thing letting me be of any use on the team is my practice with the 1st game (and even there i never made it past lvl 26 bc i didnt have wifi for a while)
but yeah i dont have access to any decent gear or very much experience yet and being stuffed in with a bunch of pros kinda takes the fun out of it a little :/
okay here we go
sorry for not posting anything progress-related, tbh I was originally hoping to liveblog my experiences
but I got sick so I just ended up playing nonstop and never even looked at my phone
a recap of all the things I really enjoyed in DQB2
(as spoiler-free as possible)
- The characters are all very charming and I ended up falling in love with some very unlikely ones
- Malroth is a good boy and I will fite him with friendship
- the little mission illustrations are cute as heck! I might try to learn how to emulate that style
- I said it in my last post but the plot of this game would make an amazing anime, it was more thorough and engaging than even the Zelda games I love for their plots
- most of the boss fight mechanics were interesting and super fun
- I may or may not have actually cried every time someone died or left (spoiler: I did, every single time, that's how engaging all the characters are)
tldr- it's a really fun game and i 100% recommend playing it!! (plus it would be cool to have friends to talk to abt it)
- as far as the building itself goes i'm gonna put some specifics of each area under a cut
- if you played it/are planning to play it let me know your thoughts i'd love to chat ^^
WARNING: major spoilers of entire plot and ending, do not read if you want to play the game.
also it's rly long
- fairly good as a starting area, but I felt I had too much building freedom for that early in the game with not enough materials (esp compared to how restrictive the later chapers got)
- found myself doing more exploring than anything else and only returning to town to advance the plot and get food
- interesting way to introduce you to landscape building, but I feel like that's all it was? I guess I've seen most ppl go back and build their post-game town there, though I feel like there could have been more
- was actually very surprised when this twist happened
- food scarcety was a real problem because I am not fast, so I spent the entire escape sequence starving and not able to help in the fight rip
- kinda sad I didn't get to see my friends from there later in the game
- at one point I ended up falling off the edge of the island and couldn't get back up so I had to go find the merman to murder me
- yes malroth, i will gladly smack you if you ever do something really dumb
- the first thing I did when i got there was see the dirt pile and proceed to collect all the dirt, assuming it might be important later (it wasnt)
- building up the town was way more fun bc the limited space and funky shape forced me to be more creative about it
- you ever just eat noting but cactus, shrooms, and steak for a month?
- i nearly lost it when all the stuff I'd done in that chapter ended up leading to a single offhand comment about "Goldirox and the threee bars"
- I thought his name was goldirox bc he was gold and made of rocks but no, it was a double pun
- Digby and Dougie are gay for each other, you can't change my mind
- imo Babs became less cute when she changed her hair? also how did it get that much longer overnight?? they should have done something about the consistency there
- there wasnt much exploring to do even in the mines, but it still felt like a full proper place
- 18 miners on top of the other villagers was a lot to deal with, i ended up having to move the toilet bc the pathing on the line got all screwey
- Jules' way of talking is really fun idk why
- the acccents the villagers all had ended up making me accidentally slip into my southern accent more than usual rip
- was hesitant at first bc desert isnt exactly my favorite biome, but once construction was under way i found it the most fun one both because of how spacious it was inside gave me the freedom to build a nice little place and this is when I started doing all the explorer's shores
- was very surprised when the first super-strong monster I fought ended up wanting to be friends! (the great sabercat)
- fought so many sabercubs but never found one that wanted to be friends, i think it's one of the only ones i'm missing now
- was actually a little hesitant to move on to the next area, but I didn't feel like looking up room recipes yet so I couldn't think of anything much to add
- absolutely love the accumulating snow and runing through it, wish there was a way to have that on command
- saw the small poison puddle near the dock and was like "heck yeah poison swamps!", only to find out there was like 4 puddles worth in only 1 place later :(
- the castle felt way too restrictive for building anything creative, i usually like castles but it felt too plain and I didn't really build any new rooms, i just used the foundations that were there
- going overboard on spiketraps is my new hobby, really glad I got that unlimited iron before this
- as soon as the talk about traitors and spies began i started looking for clues, did not expect it to be the generic farmer, I needed him for my pototoes and wheat (ended up having to rework my tiny farm to keep getting enough food)
- this is the first place I ever experienced a frame-rate drop, all the monsters combined with the snow and trap effects must have been too much for my little switch lite to handle (this doesn't bode well for botw2)
- I started rushing the story when malroth got locked up, I'd never done any fighting without him before (skelkatraz was the only other time we'd ever been seperated) and it showed. plus i missed him.
- i did legit try to bust him out but obviously that didn't work lol
- used the mirror on Malroth just because I was curious, but now I wonder what kind of dialogue i'd get if I didn't??
- I was yelling at my switch so much trying to talk to malroth bc I rly wanted him to like me again, but there's no dialogue options to help
- exploring this place wasn't fun bc it was pretty empty, but also felt wrong without malroth there
- this area really didn't feel complete or real? idk if it was just bad level design or if that was intentional bc this is where all the illusion stuff starts coming up
- killed the super-strong dragon with nothing but spike traps, it took like 20 minutes
- the rendarak plottwist was kinda fun, but really i only used it to gather medicinal herb seeds, i have so many herbs now
- never went back to finish all the puzzles and find hidden items bc i was too worried about malroth
- the lamest castle ever, it has like 2 good points, lulu was being harsh about the wrong things though, the small rooms are normal for me and the big openings just mean big windows
- it was both too strict with the high walls and too overwhelming with the amount of materals I could work with to make anything creative, ended up mostly using the same castle block for everything and it looked boring
- found out there is a maximum room size, had to put some stuff behind the throne and some extra decorative blocks to fill enough space for it to count
- i don't like the powie yowies design at all
- when searching for the powie yowie i accidentally befriended a cosmic chimera and a ghoul and almost had a 2nd chimera too but i ran out of monster food
- found a single sheep and then an extra nun on one of my vetures but then somehow lost the sheep, was really confused for a while but later found a lamb chop in my inventory. oops
- really feeling the lack of snow accumulation
- also found out some of the clothes are crazy gendered and im :( why can't the floofy dress and the bard tunic that hayden has be seperate items so i can have both
- also more clothes need to be dyeable, the villager dress especially bc lulu wears a blue one but I can only have red??
- very lonely without malroth, but i decided to just give lulu what she wanted and made the royal bedchamber hers and let her wear the poofy dress (lowkey hoping she would give me her blue dress in return rip)
- hesitant to move on again, but this time bc i wasn't satisfied with my work, made so many fields and planted all the crops i could find, did a few more tablet targets
- finally decided to move on when I got the witch hat, i guess i took it as a sort of sign, rly glad i wore it to the next area bc magic stuff happened lol
- monsters are so fun and charming
- defo rushed this one big time, i only built what was absolutly necessary and spent basically the entire time on assembly-line duty
- actually surprised by the amount of food supplied? i guess I did have to use it to heal too though
- NO4H is the best from this area, but i've always loved robots so that's not a big surprise
- the malhalla and rendarak as fun twisty puns was a really interesting take on things
- very surprised to find the captain there wow, also the way it looked like the ship was frozen in time was rly cool
- I want to be able to make those sideways crates, i can't collect them bc they count as a trashed item :(
- very upsetti that I didn't get any proper goodbyes from the crew and idk if I'll be able to see any of them ever again :(( i miss them
- the events leading up to the finale were neat, very climactic indeed
- idk if he could feel it but every time i hit malroth i was putting all my friendship and love into it, glad he's finally back now, i missed him way too much
- watching him try to build something and finally succeed was both funny and heartwarming
- the final battle against the actual evil malroth was kinda boring mechanic-wise, i've never really liked those 2D shooters as it was
- finding out that my suspitions about what was in the builder book where correct was great, it's exactly what goes into my sketchbooks!
i turned the game off and went to bed right after the credits roled so idk about any post-game stuff yet, i hope there's enough to keep me interested for a while bc i'm not ready to move on to another game quite yet
overall it would have been a much longer game if i hadn't gotten sick and rush played it nonstop, but i think there's a decent amount to do postgame to keep me busy while I save up for my next game (not just money but time and emotional energy, I put a lot into the games I play lol)
someday i'll probably replay and allow myself to put more into building as I go and making things look nice instead of just work (i kinda felt i couldn't this time bc the plot talks a lot about how you don't have much time, but postgame gives you all the time ever so)
i might have gotten sick the day after i got this game and basically couldnt do anything but play it all day for a week...
finished the story already
the last couple chapters i sorta ended up rushing lol i was too invested in the plot to build fancy stuff rip
this game would make an amazing anime imo
i might talk more about my favorite bits later but i should have been in bed hours ago
someone add malroth to the list of boys i need to protect
anyways I finally got a full game for my switch today!!
ended up with dragon quest builders 2, it was the only one on my list other than spyro that they had
i already finished the jumbo demo, but i am contemplating if i should begin where that left off (with my ugly town that I started to overfarm when I got bored) or start from scratch... hmm
turning this into a gaming sideblog!
all old oc posts will either be moved to my main or deleted eventually
original concept art of my magical girl characters!
i figured while i'm thinking about them i could go into more detail about their origins! plus this can act as a lowkey design reveal untill i finish making updated art of them ^^
Moonlit Hues is the title of a magical girl comic im planning on making, it's a long time in the works so there's a lot to talk about and i don't want to reveal everything at once.
under the cut since this might be kinda picture-heavy
in the order i added them to the story, not actually the order i adopted them in (i don't even remember that anymore)
Bernie! the only character i've ever adopted physically, she came from my first time at an amine convention! artist went by the name kawai-senpai but i cant find her deviantart anymore
Rhoma (bottom middle) was the next to be added! a draw-to-adopt from Jessi (who was a friend at the time) that i won!
then Ainsley (#2) and Maisie (#3). adopted from sparkstea for every last point i had (which was actually a crazy discount from what they were asking for originally)
Rani was added next but i lost her original art (i think the op mightve deleted it) so here's the only time i drew her before adding her to the story ^^
the last of the MCs to be added was Sterling (#1)! art made by stardust-adopt.
after that secondary chars got added one by one, some were designed by my friend and quite a few also came from repurposed adopts or unused ocs!!
i just wanna hug Eli
a little small for proper hugs but she appreciates the sentiment ❤️
(art from valentines 2018)
Elli is here!! One of my favorites for sure, and just enough of a self insert that she ended up aging with me. Overall, she hasn't changed much since i created her (in highschool for an everafter high rp group) other than a few universe changes really.
since Elli is one of my oldest-surviving OCs, she has a bit more depth and backstory built up.
Basic info: species- some sort of fairy/fae height- just under 6 inches (or 15cm) age- 20 birthday- april 17 gender- nonbinary girl orientation- gay/ace distinguishing features- very long hair kept in braid, freckles, covered in scars, several tattoos
personality: positive traits- dependable, cheerful, confident, ambitious, fearless, open, protective negative traits- stubborn, hot-headed, aggressive, reckless, violent likes- cooking, fixing things, fighting, exploring dislikes- fire, babies, flashy clothes, secrets
backstory: Elli was raised among borrowers but is noticably not one: standing nearly 2 inches taller than the average 4 inch borrower. She is very outgoing and not at all afraid to be spotted or even steal things. She tends to be protective of other borrowers and often larger friends as well. Very open and vocal about her emotions and expects others to be as well, this sometimes makes her seem rude and unsympathetic. Her adventurous spirit often ends up causing trouble for both herself and others. She ran away from home not long after her 17th birthday when the first girl she loved broke her heart.* She spent her time since traveling (on foot as well as hitching rides on cars and boats, she especially loved her time sailing) she's more comfortable visiting home now but still prefers to live nomadically.
*there's more to this story i will put under the cut. tw for possibly upsetting content and self harm
The first girl Elli ever loved was a trans girl named Kelly, but it turned out that "Kelly" never really existed and was in fact not trans (the guy thought he was maybe a trans girl for a while but he ended up being wrong). In the year and a half they had been dating they spent almost every waking moment together and even got matching tattoos. When the guy figured out he was not a girl after all, he was not nice about it (probably was embarrassed and took it out on others?) and ended up falling in with a bad crowd (essentially the equivalent of exclusionists and truscum) he didn't even break up with Elli, instead choosing to ghost her and leaving her to find out through a mutual friend. After running away, she attempted to remove the tattoo by scratching it up with a sharp rock, she covers the remnants with a bracer she rarely takes off.
Idk about a name for your voidsona but I'm getting serious hard C vibes from them. Something like Cord, Crags, Crackle etc seems right to me? I hope this helps!
thanks for the idea i will try looking up some C names!
So you don't have to use this but for your pony oc i was thinking Fletcher. A Fletcher is someone who makes arrows (so it connects with you calling them aro before). And Fletching refers to the feathers on the arrow which I feel is appropriate since they are a Pegasus. If you don't end up using that name at all I hope it gave you something to think about. (BTW I really like their design)
ohh yeah! thanks! if i don't use it for them i might end up using this idea for someone else later it's rly good ^^
help me name some characters!
i've had all these ocs for a while and have yet to find the right name so i'm opening suggestions!!
send an ask or repour with suggestions!
characters needing names' pics and short descriptions under cut to save space (6 characters, 3 of which are sonas)
preemptive thank you to anyone who offers suggestions!!!
rito - based off a tufted titmouse - they are sweet and shy and enjoy mooching food
dirt elf - earth druid for a future dnd game probably - raised in one of those fancy high-class elf cities - might secretly be a royal that ran away
voidsona - created for voidpunk but mostly used for vent art - lowkey considering giving them more of a not-name?? to go with my own trouble of finding a name that fits myself
mermaid - adopted design bc i only had 1 merm before - sass master - please ignore that it's so old i signed it with my deadname
royalsona - defo needs a design update but all the important stuff is there - cloak is magic or smtn - based off the combined disney princess universe and lowkey sofia the first - goes by the title princen (as in "princen [name])
Trollsona! This is my longest lasting and least changed sona, Flieta Thrink. created several months before i even started reading at the request of my firends who got me into it. (let me know if you would like to see previous versions of this character, i'd have to dig them up)
Fli's info: blood color- lime symbol- ursa minor lusus- beardad (adopted from ursa major) handle- yesterdaysPromise [YP] strife specibus- staffkind dreamself- prospit godtier- seer of breath (previously sylph and knight of life) land- land of storm and castles [LoSaC] distinguishing features- forward pointing horns, white hair often dyed black, wears violet clothing to represent moirail
Okay first up! This is Zephyr, a general persona whose aspects will change based on how i'm feeling when I draw them, but usually they are upbeat and silly.
Of all my sonas, Zeph is one of the least developed: in order to fit in any situation I need to draw them in (usually similar to my situations but i don't feel like just drawing myself)
Zephyr's info: species- fairy size- varies distinguishing features- wings, tufted tail, pointed ears, rainbow markings on face and shoulders
characters list is up!!
what universes are we Talkin
you will see ^^
i have a lot of fan characters but lots in their own things too!!
(im makin a list give me time i just started)
ok big announcement!! this is gonna be my OC sideblog now!
if you followed when i was using it as a game blog and don't want to see me ramble and gush about my ocs then pls unfollow, this is ur only warning ^^
im gonna self ship with all ur ocs /jk
if you have any ocs in the same universe as any of mine they could be friends tho!! (and maybe develope a relationship hhh)